Welcome to MTP. Here's some things you should know:

- The owner of this blog is by no means old, wise, or any combination of the two. In fact, he/she/it may be placed under either of the underwhelming categories of "fledgling" and "feckless." Feckless. Ah, what a beautiful word.

- I am a writer - I write. My posts will be long. My rambles will be longer.

- Comments are excellent. Silent pageviews, while appreciated, are depressing. Leave a comment! Spill your heart!

- Vocabulary is paramount here. If you got it, use it. And no, that doesn't mean you should introduce yourself as a "cogitator of brobdingnagian proportions." Put away the thesaurus. Go on. Drop it.

- There shall be no "hating." "Hating" does not exist. It's like my middle school principal used to say in a vain attempt to prevent frost-related "accidents" each January: "The snow does not exist. Do not touch the snow. Do not lick the snow. Do not throw the snow. You can't, of course. Because it's not there." In the same way, "hating" is for other places. This is (dare I say it?) a hate-free zone.

- Lastly...welcome to my creative outlet. Door's open wide.

Enjoy yer scrollin',

Enjoy yer scrollin',

Friday, January 4

Welcome to Blog-Urbia.

This is it - the dreaded first post.

I've already set the background. Changed the font. Agonized over the header. Now it's time for the real stuff - the words.

My "first posts" have a history of being utterly awful, especially on my older blogs. Only my mother liked them, or at least, she pretended. They were terrible, and I admit it. Fully. With hands in the air (like I just don't care).

The only problem -- I do care. This one has to be good. Magnificent. Entertaining. Reflective. So far, all I've managed to do is talk about my lack of things to cram into this post. Lovely, eh?

So, let's get down to business, shall we?

My name, or my pseudonym, is Alex Grace. No, that isn't what's written on my birth certificate. But it'd be pretty cool if it was. As far as occupation goes, I'm a full-time student, an avid reader, and - hopefully - a blogger. I sketch, write, and listen to showtunes in my spare time, as well as hack away at the old novel.  If I'm not attacking a mountain of homework in my bedroom, I'm at the library. If I'm not in either of those places, and - lord forbid -spending time with the other humans, I've likely been replaced by the parallel-universe me that's been lurking in places that a broomstick can't reach.

Don't let me fool you, though. I'm an extrovert, against all odds. No matter how many times I try to deny it, I'm as extroverted as they come. I'm the first to say hello and the last to say goodbye. I've always been all over public speaking. Gasp - a writer, using VOCAL CORDS to convey ideas?!
BURN HER!

I do love to speak, but I also love to write. Which is why I'm here - for a fresh start, a new blog, one that I'll update as often as I can.

That's about it for me.

I guess I should explain the title - Mightier the Pen, or MTP. It's based on that old adage, "the pen is mightier than the sword". Hence, "Mightier the Pen".

But you probably already knew that. No one said I was creative.

So, welcome to my blog. Welcome to my outlet. Welcome to my world. I'll have new posts up often, good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise. Please drop in again soon:

Uninvited, unsolicited, unexpected. Walk right in.





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday.

Lauren From School said...

Saw this on Facebook and read it and love it.

I would tell you everything I love about this but all I can think about is the Math Quiz...

Elyce said...

So fun to "watch" YOU have fun! Miss seeing this in person! Will look forward to more writings from you when you can find the time! And if you find any extra you can't use, please send it to me!!

Anonymous said...

Hi you don't know who I am but I thought I would let you know that your blog, so far, is quite entertaining. I came across it on facebook (my cousin knows you) and I thought I would just let you know that people other than your friends and family are reading, and ofcourse enjoying, this! Keep it up... I look forward to seeing more. :)

Anonymous said...

Leaving my comment. Because that thing told me to. And because you have voice. So much,in fact, that I wonder if you take personality pills everyday to keep your quirkiness intact. Because you're vocabulary is so incredibly vast. You always have the perfect combinations of words to describe something that would otherwise be overlooked and underestimated.
"Uninvited, unsolicited, unexpected. Walk right in." You put so much more symbolism into that "Visitor Parking" sign. How can one view the world so...so dramatically, so differently then the rest? So intriguing, Alex Grace.

Emily Tang said...

Alex, I can not wait for you to write more posts. You are such an incredible writer.

Anonymous said...

You are awesome.